Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

A new approach to health

I am just reading The Hon. Kim Carr's An Innovation Agenda for the 21st Century and this phrase caught my attention:

There is more to improving health, however, than inventing new drugs and medical devices. We also need to improve our understanding of the physical, environmental and social determinants of disease. We need to focus on prevention, not just on cure. We need to get smarter about the way we deliver healthcare, especially as our ageing population puts increasing pressure on services.
This is the 100th post to my blog and I think it is appropriate that the post turned out to be on prevention.

In the few years that I have been running the Health Highway I've been amazed time and again at how little we really know about wholistic health in modern western society and have been quite shocked at the fabulous results that can be achieved outside of the realm of "accepted" medicine (shocked, I think because we aren't brought up to believe that its possible, or that alternatives already do exist). I live and work with people who have experienced amazing healing and believe I am one of them (my 13 month old child reminds me of miracles every minute of every day!). I fully admire the work of evangelistic health educators like Dr Mercola and Phillip Day and aspire to help people on the scale that they do.

There is so much we can do to help ourselves, at so little cost. I have come to believe that there are easy solutions. I know from my own experience with Chronic Fatigue and Infertility that there is a better life, a better health.

What are you looking for? If its better health, better sleep, clearer thoughts, clearer skin, stronger bodies, in short, MORE LIFE, then get in touch. Its simple.

Be well,

Deidre.

No comments:

d