Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Being grateful

I had a lovely experience today. I am applying for a part time job closer to home and had to go to town for the "medical" this morning. In the waiting room, I flicked through a copy of a health magazine and read an article where several prominent Australian women were asked what made them happy and who they were grateful for. One response brought tears to my eyes when the lady said she was so grateful to have had a second child, so that her two children would both have someone to walk beside them through life.

I had a surge of maternal love for my boys, my miracle boys, and wrote this poem. Perhaps I shall just call it "My boys":

Two little boys
One reaching up - the other down
One day you'll be the same
In stature, I pray in confidence
In strength as well as name

Oh beautiful boys
Our precious gift
As babes our hope for you
That laced together are your lives
That you'll grow brave and true

To walk your lives
From here and now
Whatever paths you choose
You'll always hold each other close
and see life through "his shoes"

(c) Deidre Lowe, 2010, dedicated to brothers everywhere

Be well!
Deidre.

No comments:

d