Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

More on Aspartame

Back on the Aspartame bandwagon today - a new study was brought to my attention which links Aspartame consumption with both Dermatitis and Migraine. The study by Jacob and Stechschulte explains that "upon ingestion, aspartame is broken, converted, and oxidized into formaldehyde in various tissues". Of the patients studied, avoidance of Aspartame was the clear solution for alleviating their problems with both migraines and dermatitis. Problems reappeared when the patients went back to using products containing Aspartame.

I've blogged previously on the concerns of Aspartame. Its amazing how often it appears in our food supply - if you want to avoid it, you need to check those labels!

I recently blogged about my morning sickness and my decision to change supplements. It was interesting that the Vitamin B supplement I chose comes in a fizzy tablet and a regular tablet. The fizzy tablet carries warnings on the packet about containing Aspartame and Phenylenaline. So even a simple supplement needs to be checked! (Needless to say, I chose the straight tablet without the Aspartame).

No comments:

d