Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Childhood cancer concerns

A chilling video from one of Australia's current affairs programs can be viewed on Dr Mercola's website warning us of the danger of exposure to electromagnetic fields (EMF), and electromagnetic radiation (EMR) from mobile phones and other electrical and electronic equipment and appliances.

The video interviews a family whose 7 year old daughter died from a brain tumour. Some alarming stories are mentioned by the Doctor who is interviewed - in particular that he has operated on a one day old baby born with a malignant tumour.

I did not realize brain cancer had surpassed leukaemia as the number one killer of our children. Childhood brain cancer has increased by 21% in the last decade in Australia.

I was disappointed that the article on the Mercola site didn't say more about preventative action. Prevention is my passion. Some of the things I try to be conscious of are: trying to use my mobile phone on speaker whenever I can and hold it away from my body and I never let my child play with it or hold it. I have become very conscious of the fact that my mobile phone sits in my handbag which sits snugly against my right side whenever I am carrying it and wonder if this is harmful as well. Are there other things we could be doing to help our bodies cope? For example, keeping the body alkaline rather than acidic, or the use of antioxidants to combat free radicals?

Food for thought. If useful answers crop up I will add to this post.

Meanwhile, stay happy and healthy. Strive to be informed as much as you can. If we can help you with your wellbeing please don't hesitate to contact us at the Health Highway.

No comments:

d