Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Slippery Elm Bark

Trying a new natural therapy on myself and number one son - so far so good. It seems to have a broad range of applications. For myself, I liked the idea of overall healing - but particularly the soothing quality for the gut and intestinal tract. It is also supposed to be very supportive for the female hormones. My other interest was its healing properties for the teeth, Asthma and dry cough - I've mixed it with honey and spread it on Sao biscuits for the little one and he went to bed without a cough tonight, which was great! I am taking it in my morning shake - a big scoopful. It has a really pleasant taste too. Here are some of the sources I used:


I browsed a range of other sites but they didn't provide much more information. I noted that it is a common ingredient in cancer healing - Essiac was mentioned. I must check the ingredients on the Essiac tea in my own range and see if it is in that. Perhaps another post on this matter later.

Stay well! Deidre.

No comments:

d