Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Cancer-fighting properties of Slippery Elm

While I was researching Slippery Elm Bark, I discovered that this is one of the ingredients in a tea known to be beneficial to cancer sufferers - a traditional north Indian herbal remedy. I have such a tea product in the Health Highway product range. In addition to the Slippery Elm, it contains Burdock, Sheep Sorrel and Chinese Rhubarb.

I decided to look up the story of Nurse Caisse, who is famous for her blend of cancer-healing tea using ingredients such as those above.

The story contains some startling and wonderful stories of healing. It is interesting that in response to the question of whether her tea formulation would heal cancer, she responded:
"If it does not cure cancer it will afford relief, if the patient has sufficient vitality remaining to enable him to respond to treatment". In treating her own mother, she said "giving my mother 18 years of life she would not have had without ESSIAC. It made up for the great deal of persecution I have endured at the hands of the medical world".

What a wonderful woman, and what a wonderful, healing product. I hadn't personally tried this product in my range, but with the results I am getting on Slippery Elm Bark powder, I might add the tea into my health regimen as a preventative measure.

I wonder how horrified and disappointed Rene Caisse would be to see the state of our world, that cancer is rife and the number one killer of children. This simple exchange in the story struck me:

About a year later I was visiting an aged retired doctor whom I knew well. We were walking slowly about his garden when he took his cane and lifted a weed.
"Nurse Caisse," he told me, "if people would use this weed there would be very little cancer in the world."


Imagine that - "very little cancer". I have many close friends and family members who have or are fighting cancer. My neighbour has attended two funerals this year of children under nine who have lost their fight with brain cancer. Is there anyone whose life has not been touched? I must re-read Phillip Day's book "Cancer: why we are still dying to know the truth".

As with so much of our health, answers lie in education. We need not be victims.

If you would like more information about the herbal tea, or if I can help you with any other health information, please contact me at the Health Highway.

Be well! Deidre.

No comments:

d