Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Rural and remote infertility

I've been mulling over issues of conception, pre-conception care and pregnancy care recently, looking at my very bouncing baby son and thinking how different the whole experience has been this time around.

When he was conceived, we were living in a major regional centre - where we had also received our years of infertility treatment which led to the conception of our first child. I started to wonder: how do women in remote and rural areas access infertility treatment? How do they manage the months of injections, the critical timing of sperm collection, treatment and use. Could the complimentary methods I have tried be of more use to them? Less invasive? Easier to manage themselves?

This is an issue I will be looking into further!

No comments:

d