Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2008

But you don't look sick!

I started the Health Highway to keep track of links to articles that I thought were helpful and to share with others who understand my dreams for healthier communities focused on prevention. I truly believe we can get more leverage from combining mainstream and complimentary medical approaches and seriously weighing up what will give us the best results in any given case. Too often, people on both sides (prevention and treatment) dig their heels in and won't look at what the other offers. Lets get beyond that thinking and see what might be possible. Isn't that a win-win approach?

By happenstance I just came across Christine Miserandino who started a blog on Lupus called But You Don't Look Sick which has grown into a wonderful resource used by thousands of people managing chronic disease. She said "I realized that we can use technology to build a community, to learn from each other and support each other." This is my dream too. Having suffered myself from Chronic Fatigue, I love her "spoon" analogy. I certainly could have used that ten years ago! Thankfully I am now well, but I totally support what Christine is doing with her blog. I hope and dream that one day The Health Highway will impact just as many lives for the better. To life, to the ride and to fellow travellers!

No comments:

d